Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, another year come and (almost, at the time I am typing this) gone.

Almost everyday I am amazed that I was somehow able to, and am responsible for, raising 2 children.

I feel good that natural selection did not kick in and remove them from the gene pool.

I am responsible, in that I think that I have talked them out of most of the "bad" ideas for fun they had, just to keep natural selection at bay.

I do often ask them, after they have done something I told them was not a good idea. "How was that? I see that exactly what I told you would happen, happened. Are you going to do it again?"

Although, I think the most effective deterrent that I have found is, "You should do that later in life, when your body is more able to deal with the trauma this will cause you. :) ) So far, no objections(hee hee).

I am also responsible for many of the hours that Felex(aka Fox) has spent in front of the Xbox playing games.

He and I are a very good team at just about all of the Lego themed Xbox games.

Almost entirely responsible for introducing both Dex(aka Rex) and "Fox" to Runescape, and the hours of playing that they have spent trying to catch up to me in the game.

Completely and utterly responsible for the amount of easy cheese they have consumed.
"Cheese in a can?"
"Yes, cheese in a can. It is pressurized and shoots out and will cover, with cheesy goodness, whatever you put in front of the spout. Mmmmm, cheese."

Not at all responsible for the amount of sushi they consume. Honestly, I can take it or leave it. This was proven when Grandma took the boys out to dinner on a recent visit. I think, if memory serves, I removed only 1 sushi boat from the endless river/sushi boat caravan. I ate all the edamame I could get my hands on. The boys, on the other hand, turned out to be bottomless sushi pits, I kind of already knew that. I guess that I really should have warned Grandma before hand, but I think she figured it out. She's a smart cookie.


I am entirely responsible for Mr Fox's love of the British auto. He and I have been working on a few. Mostly dis assembly. Soon, he will enter into the hate portion of the relationship, assembly and trying to make it run, AND keep it running, WELL! Ah, the love/hate relationship. At least he will get Love/Hate 101 with dad.


I don't think I am responsible for the kids already arguing over who gets the green MGB when I die. I keep pointing out to them that I am still ALIVE and they should have the courtesy of not arguing over who gets my stuff when I am around. And by "around", I mean within hearing distance. And of course, STILL BREATHING!!! Of course I take this chance to mess with them and tell them that it could be another 4o or 50 years until they assume all my debt and non-running vehicles. Either they don't care, or they are messing with me. Hmmmm.


Well, as I said at the beginning, another year has come and gone. We all made it.


Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Happy New Year to a very special son-in-law who is doing a nice job been the father of Rex and Felex even tho they didn't come into this world with a owner's manuel.