Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Beer

I like beer it makes me a jolly good fellow. Whiskys too rough. Champagne costs too much. Vodka puts my mouth in gear. Yes I know the verses are out of order, but it puts my point across.

Beer snobbery. Am I wrong? I really don't think so.

There have been many snobs before me. Wine. Movies. Areas of a city in which to live. Clothing. Soda. Cars.

You know someone on this list, think about it....

I enjoy most distilled spirits. Probably too much. I got my sub kicked out of a few bars PERMANENTLY. At least that is what they said. Usually we had more standing than any other faction at the bar. But, that is another story entirely...

Once I moved from my appreciation of all that is distilled. I went on to all that is brewed. Once I found a palatable beer, my life expanded from there.

Coors, yuck. Bud, yuck. Pyramid, tasty. Sierra Nevada, tasty. Miller, well if that is all that you have.... are you sure? Could you check and see if you have anything else?

Mostly I like the micro brews. Now called "craft brews". As the label "micro brew" is now a misnomer for most.

Deschutte's is a wonderful brewery. Lost Coast another. Even Portland Brewing is nice and tasty.

You will have to find out for yourself what you like. I know what I like and it is not mainstream.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I still have five bottles of pumpkin ale.....should I just give them to the homeless blonde surfer who goes around HB on a bike with a surferboard on the back?

San Fran Cup said...

No I am the one who is not mainstream.
I am of the Non-Alcohol Elite!