Saturday, December 20, 2008

I give and I give and I give

Giving. It's what I do. I give and give and give and give. I give until I am faint. It's not enough. I am constantly reminded that I need to give more.

Today, I received another notice that I need to give more. I received my letter from North State Blood Center that I need to give again. I will.

Mind you, I don't do it for the wonderful after bleeding treats. Nor, do I do it for the promise of free movie tickets(BTW, don't get fooled by this ruse, there is no such thing as a free movie ticket! You end up spending more on drinks and food than you normally would!) or by getting entered into some pool to win a free vacation/car/boat/rv or other item that you will never win.

I do it because I can. Sure I don't do it as often as I could. I want to, I just don't make it there.

I wish that I could donate other parts of me that I don't need/use.

I have several extra brain cells. If I don't give them away I will just end up killing them.

I could part with my appendix. I still have it. I know several people that have had to have theirs removed. If they don't feel whole I would be happy to donate mine.

I have a bunch of extra weight that I would be happy to donate to starving models.

Hair. Not that I am a hairy guy, I just find that it is easier to not have hair. I won't mind when I go bald.

I can not donate a kidney as I will need that to help kill the excess brain cells that I can't donate.

I really don't mind donating blood at all.

No comments: