Monday, December 8, 2008

Cartoons

I love to watch cartoons. Maybe it is because as an adolescent I was subjected to such inane cartoons as Smurfs, Snorks(basically Smurfs underwater), Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner with most of the violence removed, and many other lame cartoons. If you really want to scream about the lametastic toons of the 80's check this link out; http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/

Don't get me wrong, I do watch regular T.V. as well, just not much.

I like CSI, and the nerd one,.... uh, whats it called, Big Bang Theory. I get it. Ha ha.

I love watching the cartoons that my kids are watching. Spongebob, Danny Fantom, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar, and there are many more.

It seems to me that the cartoons are more cerebral and funnier. Sure I get it, all cartoons are drawn by adults, therefore, adults should get ALL the jokes, even if the kids only get 80%.

I watch the Simpson's with my children and they love it. I am just beyond happy that they don't get EVERYTHING that is going on. Even now as I write this I am watching Futurama. The best of both worlds! Cartoon and SCI-FI!!

I guess that my point is, I would rather watch cartoons than the news and most sitcoms. I only watch a few "grown up" shows. And that is only when I remember they are on.

Well to me it beats watching the news and finding out that we as a society are going to Hell in a hand basket. Either literally or figuratively. Take your pick.

I like to be entertained when I watch T.V., not depressed. T.V. is there for my enjoyment and I choose to watch something that will make me happy.

I don't know, maybe I would watch the news if there were cartoon anchors. Then again, maybe not.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I vote not! Love your blog...

dawnn said...

wes - I love your blog...my favorite so far - a toss up between watching cartoons (I wish my dad were here to enjoy them with you and your boys), and your musings on taking a backseat to Mr. Clooney...Doug feels the same way about Mr. Grohl...