Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My wife and the OTHER man

I have known for awhile. Sure it came on slowly, as you would expect. I knew that there was another man in my wife's life.

It started innocently enough.

I'm going to bed, I would say.

I'll be right there, she would reply.

Well I would wake up after 11pm and there was an empty spot next to me. Huh? I guess that she must be watching the news....

Then I noticed the pattern.

So, are you going to be staying up late tonight? I asked thinking that I knew the answer.

Huh? What? What do you mean?

Oh, nothing. I'm going to bed. See you soon?

I knew the answer. No. I would not see her soon. It took me a while to get over it.
I guess that I just had to come to the realization that I was the second choice. I knew I could never be number 1. El numero uno. Primo. The first one picked for the team.

Well, once I figured out who I was running against, I decided that I could settle for second best.

Although, I know that in the back of my mind, if "HE" ever shows up, I will be second fiddle. I'm alright with that. I mean really, how could you not be happy being runner up to Mr. Clooney? I am every day, and I am happy to be his stand in. He doesn't know what he is missing.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Your good....love that you humor comes shining through in your writing...you put a smile on my face with each blog....