Saturday, December 20, 2008

Me and the 'nog

I LOVE egg nog. I don't just like, I LOVE it.

Although I LOVE nog, I am glad that I can only get one time a year. I would drink it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm sure that I could find a few other occasions during the day that I could have a quick nog break.

I am a purist, so I prefer my nog sans alcohol. I like the alcohol, but it just doesn't do it for me in the nog. It's like cutting your, um, well, I don't know. I just prefer my nog untainted. Pure. Cold. Thick.

I'm not really sure who came up with the idea of egg nog, but I think they should posthumously get some sort of humanitarian award.

Of course, I am sure that there are people who poo-poo the idea of nog. I know there are people who like and dislike everything on the planet. That is why we have such a great variety of items from which to choose and drink.

I would make my own if I knew how. I know where to get the egg part, but I have yet to find a store that stocks nog so I can combine the two whenever I want.

It is probably just as well I only have nog once a year. Otherwise I would have to have a cardiologist on retainer.

In a way only being able to get it one time a year almost makes it that much better. Maybe I wouldn't like it as much on hot July afternoon as I think that I would.

But I can dream. Mmm....nog...

No comments: