Sunday, December 14, 2008

I love/hate technology

I despise technology. It takes up way too much of my time.

I have a laptop that I bought almost 4 years ago. You worked great for three and a half years. Then, the innevitible happened. CRASH! Well, having learned my lesson when my desk top computer crashed. I had all of my pictures backed up online. No loss there. Now I am still working on fixing the cause of the computer problem. I think that for all the hours that you saved me, I have now spent trying to fix you, and then some.

Sure, you were convienient. Sure, you made my life easier. Sure, I barely left the house without you. Had it been socially acceptable, I would have hand-cuffed you to my wrist. Just for safety, you understand.

Now I find myself hating the thought of looking at you. I have re-loaded your software. Replaced your harddrive. Re-loaded your software. Replaced your battery. Re-loaded your software. Lovingly dissassembled and cleaned you. Re-loaded your software. Yet you still mock me. Refusing to work for me. After all that we have been through.

I took you on all the road trips I went on. We spent many nights in wonderful vacation spots. So many hotels and motels. Outside on warm spring afternoons. Even up to the snow on a few occasions.

I guess that all there is left is a qualified "technition". Maybe they can give you what you need. I only hope that we can get past this little issue and get back to the good old days.

It's not me, it's you.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

OMG..that is sooo funny and so true. Have a great week with the new love....